Young Leader Training Missions - Mission 1
Run a variety of games: indoor, outdoor or as part of a camp (minimum of three)
To Be Included
Using Your Training
- At least two different types of leadership styles (Module B, C)
- Three different types of games, ie energetic, active, thinking, creative, etc (Module E)
- Run a game at the beginning or end of a section night
- Run a wide game on a camp
- Run a game that ties into a badge the section is working towards
- Run a game that reinforces something the section has just leared
- Any other ideas, subject to agreement with ESL (YL) and SL
Things to think about:
- What risks do your games present and what controls or rules do you need to put in place? (Module A)
- What leadership style is most appropriate for the game you’re running? (Module B)
- What are the different types of games you can run? (Module E)
To be discussed with either ESL (YL), SL
- What have I done?
- Why did I do it?
- What did I want to achieve?
- What did the section members get from it?
- What did I learn from it?
- What would I do differently next time?
- How do I feel about it now?